It’s Sunday and time for Six for Sunday! This is a weekly blog feature started by A Little But a Lot. This week’s prompt is best books I’ve read in 2021 so far. This was really hard to narrow down to six but here it goes. I’ve read 74 books so far this year. Not including rereads, here are the best of the best (apparently I have a thing for books with orange covers, who knew?):
- The Martian by Andy Weir – A recent read and my favorite book of 2021 so far. Read full review.
- Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse – My second read of 2021 was holding out as the best until I read The Martian. A really great fantasy and I can’t wait for the next one to be released.
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender – This one really took me by surprise, it was so much better than I expected it to be and it’s really stuck with me.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – I’ve read the first two books in this trilogy in 2021 so far and have the last on my TBR for August. They’re so unique and so much fun.
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas – I love this world and was so happy to be back. Not my favorite of the series but I enjoyed ever minute of a cold weekend reading this one.
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – My first ever novel in verse and definitely not my last, this blew me away.
Honorable mentions to Kindred by Octavia E. Butler and Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron which both were awesome 5 star reads but didn’t quite make the top six.
Stay tuned for these other Six for Sunday prompts in August:
- August 8th – 2021 books on your TBR
- August 15th – 2021 books you’re excited for
- August 22nd – 2021 books you could/will reread
- August 29th – 2021 books you bought because of the cover