Happy Tuesday! It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, the weekly feature run by That Artsy Reader Girl where you choose ten books to fit a weekly prompt. This week is favorite heroines. I read a lot of fantasy and sci-fi so this was easy. Here are my ten favorite heroic female bad-asses from 5 star reads.
- Zetian from Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao – Zetian is the sci-fi/fantasy heroine YA needed. I love her strength and not being a reluctant hero. Finally a girl who picks her destiny!
- Marguerite from the Firebird Trilogy by Claudia Gray – I love this trilogy entirely and Marguerite in all her various selves is fun to follow.
- Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sarah J. Maas – Feyre isn’t my favorite in the first book but she grows so much and I really enjoyed this series and her character by the end.
- Delilah from the Shades of Magic Trilogy by VE Schwab – Delilah was such a fun character and one of the highlights of this series.
- Jude from the Folk of the Air Trilogy by Holly Black– I’m so sad to have recently DNF’d The Stolen Heir but I loved the original trilogy and Jude was one of my favorites.
- Sarai from Strange the Dreamer Duology by Laini Taylor– One of my favorite duologies and Sarai really steals the show, such an interesting and multi-faceted character.
- Xiala from Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse – I adored this first book and there were a few contenders but Xiala is such a bad ass, I can’t help but love her.
- Tessa from Defy the Night series by Brigid Kemmerer – One of my favorite books last year and the characters were my favorite including Tessa.
- Amari from the Supernatural Investigations series by BB Alston – Amari is the middle grade fantasy heroine the world needed and I love her.
- Alyce from the Malice duology by Heather Walter – Particularly in the second book, this is such an interesting look at Maleficient.
7 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – Favorite Heroines”
I completely agree about Feyre — she’s irritating in the first book but really grows into a phenomenal character as the series goes on! Great list. (I just read Strange the Dreamer and omg. Fell in LOVE. Sarai is such a pure soul.)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve heard such good things about Black Sun.
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-character-traits-for-heroines/
I haven’t read any of these, but I’ve heard of several and the characters sound great.
Feyre and Jude are awesome! I also love Vin from The Mistborn series.
I haven’t read Misborn yet but definitely towards the top of my TBR.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Fantasy isn’t my genre, so I haven’t read most of these. I did read AMARI AND THE NIGHT BROTHERS, though, and I agree, Amari is a great heroine!
Delilah is a badass. I love her.