Happy Tuesday! It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, the weekly feature run by That Artsy Reader Girl where you choose ten books to fit a weekly prompt. This week’s prompt is books that I love written over ten years ago. I’ve really only become a big reader in the last ~3 years and tend to read newer things so this was a little tough plus I absolutely HATE classics but Goodreads came to the rescue. Here are books I gave 5 stars that were published in 2012 or earlier. Funny enough, there were exactly 10. Grain of salt though, some of these are teenage Susan’s thoughts.
- Kindred by Octavia Butler – 1979
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (according to teenage Susan) – 1996
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling (hate her, love the books) – 1997
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (teenage Susan really loved Nicholas Sparks) – 1999
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – 2003
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – 2008
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (only the first one!!) – 2011
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – 2011
- The Martian by Andy Weir – 2011
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 2012
3 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – Books I Loved Written 10+ Years Ago”
Kindred is a good choice. I haven’t thought about that book in ages.
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-love-that-were-written-over-ten-years-ago/
Great list. We have a few in common, like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. And I almost added The Night Circus and Divergent: I can’t wait they were released over 10 years ago…;)
Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-books-written-over-ten-years-ago/
Have a great week 🙂
The Hunger Games was on my list this week too. I’ve read a few more from your list, though they didn’t make mine: Harry Potter (obviously), The Time Traveler’s Wife, Divergent and The Night Circus.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/16/top-ten-tuesday-381/