Happy Tuesday! It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, the weekly feature run by That Artsy Reader Girl where you choose ten books to fit a weekly prompt. This week’s prompt is my most anticipated releases for the second half of 2022. This was a little hard as I don’t always know what’s coming out but it was fun to do the research.
First, there are a few series where the next book is coming out later this year.
- Heat Wave by TJ Klune (July 19th) – Third and final book in The Extraordinaries, one of the most fun series I’ve read.
- Defend the Dawn by Brigid Kemmerer (September 13th) – The sequel to Defy the Night, my favorite book of the year so far.
- Amari and the Great Game by BB Alston (August 30th) – The sequel to Amari and the Night Brothers, one of my favorite books of 2021.
- A Venom Dark and Sweet by Judy I. Lin (August 23rd) – The second book in the Magic Steeped in Poison duology, I’m curious what happens.
- A Turn of the Tide by Kelley Armstrong (October 4th) – The final book in the A Stitch in Time trilogy, I’ve given the first 2 books 5 stars.
- A Prayer for the Crown Shy by Becky Chambers (July 12th) – The second book in the Monk and Robot series, the first one was really cute and had a good message.
Then we have some from authors I like enough that I didn’t even read the description.
- Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid (August 30th) – It’s by Taylor Jenkins Reid and that’s really all I need to know.
- Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood (August 23rd) – I didn’t love The Love Hypothesis quite as much as everyone else but I still had a great time and I’m curious about what Hazelwood does next.
And finally, we have books that are either from new to me authors or just non-favorite authors but that sound amazing.
- Angelika Frankenstein Makes Her Match by Sally Thorne (September 6th) – I enjoy Thorne’s books and this one sounds fun.
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin (July 5th) – I’ve never read from this author before but I’ve heard great things and it sounds interesting.