It’s Sunday and time for Six for Sunday! This is a weekly blog feature started by A Little But a Lot. This week’s prompt is characters I’d like to swap lives with. Similar to last week, this got a little tricky as characters tend to go through some rough stuff and occasionally almost die but here’s what I came up with.
- Linus Baker from The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune– Yes, just like every prompt that let’s me pick places/worlds to visit I’m going with this one. Getting to see the wonders of this little house unfold through Linus’ eyes would be awesome.
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter – OK, hear me out on this one. I pick Luna because I’d still get to see Hogwarts and everything in that world but for the most part, she’s safe and not fighting for her life every other day. Her outlook on life is also pleasantly ridiculous which would be fun and she’s friends with the main characters so better than being a random student.
- Beatrice Washington from Majesty by Katherine McGee – Being Queen of America and a descendant of George Washington sounds fun, at least for a little while.
- Marguerite Caine from the Firebird Trilogy by Claudia Gray – So she almost dies several times but the firebird technology is so cool and she gets to see so many worlds. Plus I love Paul Markov.
- Feyre from A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas – Feyre tends to almost die A LOT but this novella was just so much fun and the place I’d want to go because no one tries to kill her! It’s like a Hallmark Christmas movie with these characters I love and it would be amazing.
- Marnie MacGraw from Matchmaking for Beginners by Maggie Dawson – Marnie’s life definitely has some rough patches but when she gets to the brownstone, she has this awesome found family, a cute dog and Patrick.
Stay tuned these Six for Sunday prompts in the rest of September:
- September 19 – Books you think they should study in school
- September 26 – Books you studied in school