It’s Sunday and time for Six for Sunday! This is a weekly blog feature started by A Little But a Lot. This week’s prompt is schools/universities that I’d like to attend. This was a little hard because while I like a lot of books with schools, way too many of them have a really high probability of me dying. So here’s what I came up with.
- Harry Potter – No brainer. I like every kid growing up with the Harry Potter books wants to attend Hogwarts.
- Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston – Stretching this a bit because it’s a summer camp but I want to go train at the Bureau of Supernatural Affairs. This world is so cool, it’d be awesome to explore and learn to wear shoes that let me walk on air.
- The Other Side of Perfect by Mariko Turk– It’s not really the school that’s appealing in this one as much as the part of the school we see. It’s a drama club doing a spring musical, my absolute favorite part of high school.
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune – Again, not exactly a school but they do teach the kids so I say it counts. I love this world, this place and these characters. One of my favorite scenes is Sal’s poem in the classroom.
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson – OK, Ellingham Academy almost got crossed off the list for high probability of death but most of the deaths were a long time ago so I’ll give it a pass. I love the idea of this school and the riddles, it’d just be cool to explore.
- The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune – Lots of similar contenders for this last spot but I’m going with The Extraordinaries for characters that I’d most like to hang out with from a book in a high school setting. Plus, superheroes.
Stay tuned these Six for Sunday prompts in September:
- September 12 – Characters you’d like to swap lives with
- September 19 – Books you think they should study in school
- September 26 – Books you studied in school
2 thoughts on “Six for Sunday – Fictional Schools/Universities”
Have you read Flash Fire? OMG funny and I agree with you that I would totally hang out with this group of friends.
I have! I got an ARC and laughed so hard, Nick’s dad is hilarious.
LikeLiked by 1 person