I’ve decided to join Six for Sunday. This is a weekly blog feature started by A Little But a Lot. It’s pretty simple, there’s a weekly prompt and on Sundays, you post six books that fulfill that prompt.
This week’s prompt is characters you’d want to go on holiday with. So here are my top six books that have great characters who seem like they know how to have a good time. Reading a lot of fantasy made this a bit tricky but here’s what I decided on:
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – I love this series and especially love the characters of the Night Court. They’re great friends and have a good time together, we’d have fun.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid – Evelyn Hugo reads like a real person. She’s glamorous and magnetic, she’d be fun to hang out with over drinks and hear her stories.
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – Lots of romance books would work for this question but I’m going with The Hating Game, the paint ball scene really sticks out as proof these two are fun.
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune – This is more that I want to go on vacation to their house but still, I love these characters and would love to get to spend some time with them. One of their adventures through the woods or to a beach would be a great time.
- Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson – I love this book and the characters are wonderful. Marnie, Patrick and I could take our dogs somewhere fun.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – I’ll admit it, this book is a guilty pleasure of mine and I’ve read it more times than I can count. Henry and Clare are great and have a lot of fun, I’d love to play their insane board games or go to a concert with them.
Next week prompt is sun in title or on cover.